Sunday, March 1, 2009

Review of Dr. Christie's Site


While viewing Dr. Christie's site the one thing that caught my attention is the Virtual Field Trip Workshop that she does. I read about the reasons for them and how they work. Dr. Christie explains that with gas prices, and the country's economic situation, field trips may not actually be in the school's budget. With videos, audio, and pictures your class can go on a virtual field trip.

As a future Special Education teacher I want to allow my class to partake in thses virtual fieldtrips. I think that one of the best ways for children to learn about something is through experiences. By taking a virtual field trip, the class can have a field trip in the classroom without costing anyone anything. I think the idea itself is genius.

I think that it is a great idea to share the Virtual field trips with other educators. Dr. Christie talks about other educators sharing their virtual field trips. One thing I have learned through my experience in classrooms is that sharing successful lesson plans and information with other teachers can help the students learn. Although you as a teacher may have great ideas, others hae great ideas too.

I think some good ideas for Virtual Field Trips that would be useful in my classroom are virtually visiting farms,zoos,and beaches. We could discuss the different types of animals and compare and contrast the different enviroments. I think this idea of virtual field trips has endless posibilities to where your class can go on their virtual field trip. I enjoyed looking at many different things on Dr. Christie's site, but I must say this was the most interesting thing in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment